Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bonjour, Paris!

Well, I've arrived in the city of light, but only after about 24 hours of travel, a sore throat, a bout of constipation, 6 advils, and a xanax. What did I do for my first day here? I slept. And ate some pizza. And had a nightmare about Dexter.

Today, however, will be very different. In a couple of minutes, I'm catching the metro to meet with my friend Casey who has been au pairing in Paris for the past year. The last time I went on a trip with Casey was to see Lilith Fair when we were in fourth grade. Everybody thought that our moms were lesbians. Needless to say, this time should be very different (i.e., more booze, less Paula Cole).

2 comments:

Rachel said...

More Paula Cole! More Paula Cole!
She has hairy armpits, and isn't that so French?

Casey said...

Ok Maddie, don't lie...I think it was at least 6th grade.

Today was funnn! It was good to see you by that big building by the metro. ciaooo