Thursday, April 16, 2009

Shuster, you might just have to make some room

I’m debating setting up a twitter account. I know that twitter is old news and every blogger and their mothers have covered it, but I’m a little behind, nay, reluctant on the times. Don’t get me wrong. I don’t judge the twitterers out there, I just know that I will go bananas over it and waste hour after hour writing things like, “I just ate my third bowl of Raisin Bran” or “What would happen if I was given a chance to swap bodies with a turtle?” Maybe it could be kind of funny. I’m probably better in short form. In fact, I suggest that you only read one to two sentences of my blog per day. It’ll make more sense over time.

I don’t know what’s holding me back. I rock those Facebook status updates like a motha fucka, so it’s not like I’m all worried about being self-indulgent (this blog is evidence enough of that). I’m not afraid of sharing the mundane details of my life, either. In fact, I’m always terribly surprised when someone isn’t entertained by my stories about seeing a bee on my run or trying a new shampoo.

Chances are that I’ll be signed up for one by the weekend. I remember when a friend first had to “talk” me into a Myspace account (ah, when the world was as simple as Myspace). The conversation pretty much went like this:

PQK: I don’t want a Myspace account. They’re so trendy.
Friend: I don’t know, you should get one just t—
PQK: OKAY!

I guess I just need to wrap my head around how much time will be devoted to tweeting (right?). To be fair, I did finally finish watching The Wire so I got a little bit more time on my hands. It’s not like I’m some sort of nerd who’ll now use those hours productively. Jeeze.

Tell me readers, do you twitter? Would you read my twitter? Are you proud of me for not saying twatter once this entire post? Cause believe me, I wanted to.

P.S. Something awesome happened to me yesterday. It’s likely that I’ll be flying out to NYC to interview for my dream internship. I’ll keep it vague until I know whether or not it’s okay to be specific. We wouldn’t want this little po’dunk blog to ruin the chance of lifetime, would we?

6 comments:

Natalia Buia said...

i don't twitter. updating facebook statuses is enough for me! it's like....snorting coke AND shooting up heroin....ppl dont do both at the same time...right? just pick one and stick to it!

B said...

Are you talking about what I think you are talking about!?!? (Girlish squeal!)

By the way, my word verification phrase is "bussem"; do you think blogspot is sending out subliminal messages to reinstate integration of schools via forced busing?

Rachel said...

Twitter's fun. THE END.

Librarian Girl said...

I twitter with a few folks, and I kind of get it, but I kind of don't. I follow maybe a dozen people and that's cool. But there are people who follow a jillion people and I don't get that at all. But that's apparently How It's Done.

Mischa said...

I follow folks on Twitter, and post updates on facebook or the occasional short post on the blog. Table for One - i concur!

Brian said...

I think you should consider making bumper stickers instead.

The verification sounds like a jump rope taunt: buculcqu

Better watch out or I'll lcq you.